Svenska Cykelförbundets (SCF) rules for roadcycling (MR-LV).
The rules aim at high traffic safety and good quality arrangements for cyclists.Participants are required to comply with these rules and by mandated directives.
Participants who have failed to comply with existing regulations during the event are excluded from the event after the organizer’s decision.
Decisions on exclusion are reported in the participant list.
- Participants’ bicycles must be in the condition prescribed by the applicable traffic regulations.
- Bike fitted with tubing tires should have these carefully glued.
- The bicycle with a freezer must be fitted with two independent braking devices.
- Tempo rails, triathlon steering or covered wheels are not allowed.
- The number plate should be worn well and visible.
- No one can start at another’s starting number.
- Consideration should be given to all participants and co-drivers. The official’s and flaggman’s instructions shall be followed.
- For security reasons, it is not permitted to use your phone or headphones during the course of the journey.
- Remember to rest after finishing before driving in accordance with the Traffic Regulations.
- Participants are required to pay by the organizer established registration fee.
- Other accompanying vehicles than the organizer are not allowed after the course. Violations against this can lead to punishment by participants who use such service.
- Please note that all littering is prohibited under Swedish law. Do not throw rubbish along the lane without picking up the rubbish and throwing in trash baskets located in the depots or in the target area. Thank you for helping us help the environment.
- Avoid using your phone (applies to both calls and text and photography) while sitting on the bike. If you need to use the phone in an emergency, get rid of the bike and go away from the road so as not to affect safety during the race. We also want to invite participants to NOT photograph any accidents and injuries for sharing in social media with regard to the victims and their relatives.
- Also avoid listening to music on headphones during the course as attention to other participants and other road users will suffer.
- Participation is at your own risk. Participants are responsible for violations of applicable road traffic regulations and for the arrangement in force.
- The organizer is not responsible for any damage caused by participants or as suffered by them.